Pages

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Unknown

Standing at work today, I began to think of a blog I could write. Then I remembered no one reads this, so it would be for my own entertainment. The rant is still the same. I am afraid of the unknown. If you know me, you actually know I fear heights and death. So you wonder how I get the unknown out of either. Well, first of all, both are inadvertantly intertwined. I am afraid of heights for the purpose that, if I fall, I could die. Therefore, since my other fear is death, I don't like heights. Once again, where does the unknown come from? It comes from me standing at work today thinking about my blog and the post I could write. I began to ponder the real reason why I fear death. It's not the fact that I'm dead, because as I know, it's inevitable. I cannot stop myself from dying, it's one of those things that are certain when you are brought into this world. The thing that scares me is what happens next. I love this quote in my favorite book series, Harry Potter, and it is very underused, even though the character who said it is now dead himself. Yea, I just spoiled it for you if you find this quote now. It goes "After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure." It has been used recently in discussions about the fact that Dumbledore didn't mind death, because he knew it was inevitable as well. No one really knows what happens next. You all go to bed with a head full of dreams for the next day, when you wake up and take on the world again for another day. As a lot say, you are lucky to wake up every day to take another stab at things. That's all you can ask for. So why the depressing post? I am still having issues where I think there is something major wrong with me. With that being said, I can only think about the unknown, seeing as though it might be creeping up on me, which I know sounds bad, but seriously. It's all anyone can think of, it's always in the back of your mind, from the time you learn of death, til the day you are on your death bed. Which, hopefully for most, is life expectancy, which is 70+ years. I also post this to keep a reminder to all, that you must cherish the things you have, and the ones you love. You can never tell your mother or father how much you truly love them, even if they are going through rough times. When they know that you are on their side, it makes things that much better. So, my depressing rant is now over. Hopefully, I don't have one for a long time. Like another 50 years or so. Besides, I need to go to Water Country tomorrow, and it's 4am. So, my bed calls for me sleep and hope that I get another day to step foot outside my door and enjoy the Dragon's Den, line-free. And that's all I have to say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You.. Are.. A.. Depressing person, but truthful none the less. And, you tend to write a lot, again, it all being the truth. Sometimes, you amaze me. =]
-Guess who.