Pages

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Anger Management V 2.0

Bowling is something that has been in my life for about 3 years now. Ever since I joined a junior league when I was 17, I have done it every year since. Wednesday has been my day since 14, a mix of newspaper and bowling has been in my life on that night. After leaving high school, it became bowling. The only annoyance to the game is the fact I try to hard. As shown tonight, if you could have watched. Toward the end of the night, the fifth string, I just started hurling the ball down the alley, not really caring. It's like anyone who has a frustrating run at something, they are easily angered at the most simple things in life, or those they work hard to fix. I will never say I am one of the best bowlers in the league, because i'm not. My career average I would say is around a 95, which in candlepins is average. But, with my state of mind, I want to be the one out there winning the match if needed. I want to be the one carrying the 105-110 average on the team, not the one bowling a 439, when your average is far higher than that. The main factor I believe is that I don't practice as much as I should. Mixture of reasons to that. The fact that I work 5 nights a week now, during the peak hours where I could go, 2p-10p. I wake up 10 minutes before my shift, so going in the morning is out of the question. And i'm both extremely cheap and extremely good at wasting money at the same time. I could have $200 to my name, and wouldn't want to spend it, yet always find a way to do so. Therefore, I'm broke by Tuesday when I just got paid Friday. So, I say I suck when I don't put the effort in. Yet, when I put the effort in, it's all for naught. I am also changing my approach too much to warrant a care. I can't understand why I can't just throw the ball the same and get the results. Maybe i'm just too picky. The day was not all wasted. I went to the driving range as well, and finally hit a ball down the fairway straight. That is a step in the right direction, as all my balls have been curving too far right. I still hit them that way, but not many. I've noticed that my short game is ok, therefore I should progress backwards. Master putting, then chipping, then irons, then woods, then drives. I think that would be the best way to go. You must be thinking i'm crazy. I'm playing two sports that most people don't care about. But, I care about them, so that's all that matters. You never know, I could be on your TV soon playing on the PGA. Or I just might still be sitting in my chair dreaming. And that's all I have to say.

No comments: