Pages

Friday, August 18, 2006

News

I decided that a rant about the news this past week needed to be touched upon, mainly the story about the JonBenet Ramsey supposed killer finally found. If you were living under a rock for the past ten years, then you have no fucking clue what I'm talking about. So let me sum it up. Ten years ago in Boulder, CO, a six-year-old girl named JonBenet Ramsey was found in her basement, dead from being strangled. They also believe she may have been sexually assaulted, but more on that later. At first, everyone thought that here parents were the killers, as she was found in her own basement, making many people wonder why or even how someone could have made it into the house, rape her, and kill her. Well, apparently, they found the person who did just that. A school teacher living in Thailand, named John Mark Karr, was arrested after confessing that he was the one who killed JonBenet ten years ago. He said that he was with the little girl when she died, and claimed that her death was an accident. He also claims that he drugged and had sex with the little girl before killing her. Also, he claims that his original plan was to kidnap her and ask for a ransom. Now, I know most people don't really care for Wiki much, but most of the time they are truthful. Therefore I link you to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonbenet_Ramsey If you read through this article, you can find every aspect of what I just said that Karr said happened. Now, I know what most of you are thinking, because I'm possibly thinking the same thing. After watching CNN Headline News all night at work (since it is the only thing they have playing there), most of them think the same thing as well. ANYONE could have accessed all the stuff about this case, made a confession based on what they read, and made themselves an instant celebrity. The only thing against him? The fact that he does have a record of the same kind of crimes. Child crimes, that is. He has the mind set to be the killer of the little girl, but only science can really tell if he was there on the night of the murder. They say that blood was found on JonBenet from a unidentified male. So, only time will tell. The only other disturbing thing I heard on CNN? Apparently, they also found some wood splinters in or around here vaginal area (which, in the first place, is fucking sick). So, even if he didn't have intercourse with her, he might have been using something else. This whole story is fucked up, and can only get worse. But that's all I have to say about that. But, that's not my entire rant. I have one more small piece of news I hate even more than that. The New York Yankees (a team you never, ever, ever see again on this blog unless I am stating how much they suck (can you tell I'm a Boston fan yet?)) are planning to build a new stadium, estimated at a hefty 1 billion dollars. They claim that the stadium will have a musuem in it open year round, will be larger than the current stadium, and will still be named Yankee Stadium. Two things out of this story? 1) It pisses me off that they are building a new one, not because I like Yankee Stadium, but that it's 1 billion dollars, which is more than I'll ever have. Two? It means that I only have a couple more years to catch a game there (when the Sox play, of course). You would think I would want nothing to do with there, but it's still a part of history, and would be somewhat nice to loathe in person. But, now that's all I have to say.

No comments: