Pages

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Technology

Computers are becoming the norm in any household nowadays. Faster services like cable and DSL are allowing people to surf the net with such fast speeds, it's amazing how fast you are going and not even realize it. I am concerned though that technology is so flawed that so many things can go wrong, that if you don't have a degree in computers, you are totally fucked. Which brings me to my rant. My internet connection is a piece of shit. After surfing two years on the net with my wonderful cable modem, the past few weeks reminded me what dialup was like. How much I wanted to rip out my hair because it was going so fucking slow, my ADD told me to go read a book. I can't understand why it's going so slow. I reset the fucking thing so many times a day, yet a snail goes across my desk faster than pages load. For those who are thinking "Why not just call Comcast for the issue?" Already did and the person who dealt with it was probably reading off a screen a list of solutions that I could have found online. The problem? I COULDN'T GET ONLINE TO FIND THE LISTS. Therefore, my loop theory is now getting more stronger. In anything in life, you are constantly stuck in a loop. I already mentioned the money-->job-->college loop. The most recent one being the computer issue-->tech support. Tech support being the computer issue, as those indians who are trying to tell you how to fix your computer is quite funny. I am beginning to think that the modem is finally saying "You know what, after being on for three years straight, I've had enough. I'm going to die and take you with me." But I have no proof of the life of a cable modem. Which, once again, is something I could find online. You must be shocked I was able to post this. It was in one of those pockets where I actually had access. Amazing thing, technology. And that's all I have to say about that.

No comments: