Pages

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Drama

You know when people tell you that you can't go back to high school. Well, that is true, you can't physically be 14 years old again, but the drama that you remember from high school is always, and I mean always, present. It's funny to watch your peers in high school battle the rigors of school, activities, sports, the after-effects of puberty, sex, relationships, jobs, and god knows what else, while finding time to bitch about it all. Well, my friends, those people NEVER STOP. Take for instance at Dunkin Donuts yesterday. Apparently, two people walked out today during an inspection there because the manager threw away her juice. You wouldn't get that, unless you knew that we aren't supposed to be taking bottles soda/juices without paying for them, which most of us do anyway. Well, she got pissed, yelled at the manager for a while and walked out. Followed by a friend of hers who apparently looked at the manager wrong. A third didn't show up at 3 to start her shift with me tonight, which is when I found out. So, I got to work with my manager tonight. Which wasn't too bad, because he didn't want to be there, because he had started working at 4am. So, with that mindset, he locked the doors at 9pm, which ended my night and started my day off an hour earlier. Drama is so overrated. It seems in this world, that most people can't get by the day without starting some sort of drama, whether it be small or large. And it sucks, because I hate dealing with other people's bullshit. On another note: My anger update. It seems that with this increasing more and more at work, I should keep you updated on how bad I blow up at work. Today wasn't too bad, it wasn't as busy. But there was a spurt where I threw stuff and I punched the ice in the container out front. Which, a while after I did it, I found out I cut myself a little bit on my knuckles. Not too painful, just a real annoyance. Is my anger a form of drama? That for you to decide. You should see some of the rants and rage I throw at work, they are entertaining when I get into a better mood. Especially breaking that ice coffee brew basket. The thing is an overgrown version of your normal brew basket and made of basket and I put a nice crack in it. Seriously, i'm actually shocked the sucker didn't snap into two pieces. The best part? The manager had to tape it back together, so it actually does work again. Fortunately, for all, I don't take my anger out against my coworkers. Just all the dumbass customers and inanimate objects. Which, is better, if you think about it. And that is all I have to say.

No comments: