Pages

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Pain V 2.0

In an attempt to control the pain in my leg (and lessen my fears for this month), I went back to the doctor again to find out why my leg has still been hurting and if i'm still going to be here for a long time (don't ask). Well, they told me again what they told me two months ago (I actually had deja vu at this appointment): That my groin is sprained, that I should not be too active, take two aleve two times a day, and apply a heat pad to the area. The only issue I had a concern with was he did feel the lump I thought I felt, and he told me it's nothing major that it might just be a cyst. The last time I checked, a cyst was something to worry about. But, I am going to actually follow doctors orders this time around, other than the last two. The reason my leg probably isn't fixing itself is because I haven't been following the orders. The first one was to do what i'm doing now. I started taking the aleve, but I was still active and didn't apply the heat. The second one was to take an antibiotic, which I didn't take until a month after he gave it to me. But, I was still active. This time, i'm finally not being an idiot, and deciding to see if this works. If not, i'm going back to have them check me out again, and this time, i'm not leaving until they do any tests that will tell me that my groin is fine, and i'm not going to die anytime soon. So, i'm sitting here with a heat pad on my leg. I will not go out and throw my tennis ball around in the parking lot (which is the most active this i was doing), but, I flat out refuse to miss bowling this week. If, after this week's session, I will not bowl next week and rest my leg. The only issue I have with this week, is that I was active over the weekend, and didn't let my leg fix itself. I asked my uncle to go to the driving range this weekend. I don't know whether or not to say maybe next week, but I really wanted to start practicing golf ASAP. But, my health is the most important priority. Now, I think I should go to bed. I've been meaning to go to bed earlier, rather than 7am every morning. Yes, you read that right. 7am. Every morning. I'm gone.

No comments: