Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

WWE Over the Limit 2011 Predictions

World Heavyweight Championship Match: Randy Orton (c) vs. Christian

I have not yet made my opinion clear about how much it annoyed me that the WWE writers gave the title to Christian just because it would be a feel good moment with Edge. Then, 2 days (or as the on screen time stated 5 days) later take it off him in favor of Randy Orton. I did mention in my last prediction that Christian would be an in between champion for Alberto Del Rio. I also now noticed that I said that TWICE after knowing the Del Rio was going to Raw. So, I am a complete idiot. But, i still think that Christian would have dropped the title at the next PPV to someone. I didn't think they would do it so soon and give it to (shocking) recently acquired Randy Orton.

With that being said, I wish that the WWE writers believed in Christian more than they do. I mean, there is a rumor that most of the backstage people think that Christian would not be a good champion. Hold that thought. *Runs to Wikipedia* Look, he held the NWA Heavyweight Title for almost a year combined over two reigns. So, yea, he totally can't hold a title in an organization that is currently thriving. I think the WWE writers need to watch the other organization some more when they say that Christian can't hold a title.
I don't think they will give Christian will get the title back at the next PPV, even though that he should get the title back and hold it, since he is very popular in the WWE. Oh well. I hope that I am wrong and they give Christian another shot.

Winner: Randy Orton

"I Quit" Match for the WWE Championship: John Cena (c) vs. The Miz

Best tweet I read the night that Randy Orton won the title: "Oh shocking. Cena and Orton are on top of the WWE once again" I might have paraphrased that a little bit, but that was pretty much the gist of the tweet. I wasn't shocked that someone finally said the obvious. But I am rather shocked that it is actually the truth. I also read somewhere that the WWE is not suspending the disbelief that the mid-card superstars have a shot at beating the main event superstars. That the main event superstars are all the same and every once in a while you get a random mid-carder propelled into the main event status to break the status quo (aka The Miz).
With that ALL being said. John Cena will retain the title for now. I still think he will drop it probably around Summerslam, probably to Alberto Del Rio, and win it back in time to defend it against The Rock at Wrestlemania. Now, what happens in that match I still haven't figured out. Once I see that feud open up again in December, I'll let you know.

Winner: John Cena

Intercontinental Championship: Wade Barrett (c) vs. Ezekiel Jackson

I find it random that after all the in-fighting between the Corre on Smackdown led to only Ezekiel Jackson being taken out of the group and causing a feud to start. So, it makes me wonder: Is the entire group going to be disbanded because of this match? I mean, if Ezekiel Jackson wins the title at this PPV, then the group is going to turn on each other, Wade Barrett is going to go into single status and go after the title, and the other two will probably continue into the tag team role or fade off TV again.

What do I think will happen? Exactly what I just said is going happen in the last paragraph. Ezekiel Jackson will take the title and probably rot in mid-card hell when he loses the title very quickly.

Winner and New Champion: Ezekiel Jackson

Kiss my Foot Match: Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole

I do believe I mentioned in the last predictions that this feud will finally end at the next PPV. With the stipulations they added to this match, it makes me believe that the feud will definitely end with a Jerry win. Why would they put Cole into the HoF that quickly, give away Jerry's ring to Cole, if only to prolong the feud further. I think the feud has definitely run its course and needs to finish once and for all.
Now, I wrote all that before Raw. Which I am now realizing that I should probably hold my predictions until I see all the shows before the PPV. With the stipulation of the match being a Kiss My Foot match and Swagger (supposedly) being out of the picture, there is no doubt that Lawler finally gets the win.

Winner: Jerry Lawler

Rey Mysterio vs. R-Truth

So, this match showcases how to fix a broken feud. Since John Morrison is out with a legit injury, the feud that I called last month during that Triple Threat Match, they had to continue the R-Truth heel turn somehow. As much as I hate to admit it, Rey is a very good launching point for most up and coming characters. Since R-Truth has brought out this very good heel persona very quickly, I think that putting him in a feud with Rey might give him a chance to get into the championship picture in the near future.
That being said, I think Truth gets the win. Might try to take out Rey a little more after match in his little crazy thing.

Winner: R-Truth

Tag Team Championship: Big Show & Kane vs. New Nexus (CM Punk & Mason Ryan)

I am actually getting sick of the Big Show and Kane getting beaten up by both the Nexus and the Corre. Granted, it works because those two do not get into many feud with teams/people that can take them down. So, in that sense, it is fine to watch them go down on occasion. But, with them just battling the Corre on Smackdown and then go to Raw and take on the Corre... I mean Nexus again, it gets stale. So, needless to say, I don't really care about this match.
Show and Kane keep the title for now. I don't think the Nexus will take the titles. I don't know who will and to be honest, do you really care? The Tag Team division in WWE has been slowly dying a slow death (and yes, the redundancy is necessary) and is really only there because of the tradition of tag teams. There is no real great tag team anymore. Which sucks, because I long for teams like the Hardys, Dudleys, E&C, New Age Outlaws again. That would be awesome.

Winners: Big Show and Kane

Sin Cara vs. Chavo Guerrero

Now this is a random feud that is brewing on Smackdown. Sin Cara comes into the WWE and just has a lot of random matches with random people. Including bigger opponents like Jack Swagger. Then along comes Chavo Guerrero, who has not been a real regular on TV for a while now. He comes out during a Sin Cara match and claims that everything this guy is doing was once a move that his family used. Needless to say, once he started saying that, I knew that a feud was going to be brewing. I think it is a good idea to start Sin Cara on a feud and I actually think it would be good to use Chavo. Especially since he hasn't seen much TV time and maybe he can make a comeback of sorts.

I see Sin Cara continuing to build a winning streak in WWE. I think that this feud might flesh out over the next couple of months, which is great because I have been waiting for a good feud to start for a while now.

Winner: Sin Cara

No comments: