Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

WWE Over the Limit 2011 Aftermath & Comment on Raw

So, I mentioned that last night I wanted to write this post before I saw Raw. Well, I wasn't able to/forgot to, so now I will post it now. I am also going to comment on Raw itself, because I found it very interesting. Here goes.

World Heavyweight Championship Match: Randy Orton (c) vs. Christian

From what I read about the match, it was just as good as the match these two had on Smackdown when Orton won the title. Which should have been expected, since they had a very great match on Smackdown and had to top it.

I really have nothing to say about this match, other than I am not sure how they are going to play the title scenario on Smackdown. With that said...


"I Quit" Match for the WWE Championship: John Cena (c) vs. The Miz

I must say that after the Wrestlemania debacle, these two have had two really good matches since. I read that this match was very brutal and ended very nicely. Not much to say.
Now I read that the next target of the title is CM Punk. After Raw, I still think that R-Truth should be given a shot with the way he is progressing that character, but I guess from what I read, they are trying to make sure that CM Punk sticks around after his contract runs out. We'll see how things play out.


Intercontinental Championship: Wade Barrett (c) vs. Ezekiel Jackson

Now, this match was the only hiccup on my perfection for the night. Coming into the match, I had two options that I could have gone with. I figured that WWE was planning on breaking up the Corre completely, and to do that, Barrett had to lose the title. But, then again, I watched Smackdown right before the PPV that night, so I must say that after watching it, I should have predicted that Ezekial didn't win the title. But I whatever, I think he will finally get the better of the Corre eventually.


Kiss my Foot Match: Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole

From what I read this match was very short, but awesome nonetheless. I figured that Lawler would win because of the lead-in to it. Swagger left Cole, the stipulation was that if Cole won, he would be inducted by Lawler and given Lawler's ring. I didn't think that Cole would win because of that.

So, it was great to read that Lawler won, JR came out and dumped BBQ sauce on Cole, Eve moonsaulted him, and then he tried to leave. Not only that, but the biggest surprise of the night was Bret Hart coming out and sending Cole back to the ring, putting him in a sharpshooter, and Lawler making him kiss his foot.


Amazing times, I must say. With Raw having Cole apologize, I hope that this thing is FINALLY over and we don't have to hear Cole whine and bitch all the time anymore.


Rey Mysterio vs. R-Truth

I really should be a writer over at WWE. This match was definitely the reasoning for me saying that. Look, I said that Rey is definitely good to push for characters and he usually loses in those cases. Sure enough, he lost.

Now I said that in order to push the heel character of R-Truth more, they would have him win and he would beat up Rey after the match. Sure enough, he did.

Now, I just need him to be in a title match soon and it will come full circle.


Tag Team Championship: Big Show & Kane vs. New Nexus (CM Punk & Mason Ryan)

Not really gonna comment on this match all that much. Not much to say. Although, I was shocked to see them lose the titles the next night to the other two Nexus members, then she Big Show taken out by Alberto Del Rio. That was really random. The only thing that I can think of is that Show got injured at the PPV and they needed to take him out somehow. Odd way to do it, but it worked.


Sin Cara vs. Chavo Guerrero

Once again, not going to comment too much on this match either. Sin Cara matches are more fun to watch then read about, which I had to do online.

Now, onto Raw. There were three things I found interesting:

  1. Show being injured. Like I mentioned above, that was random of them to take the titles of Kane and Show and then injure him. So, he must have gotten injured at the PPV and is now out for a bit.
  2. Kharma coming out and crying. That was pointless and counter-productive to what they were doing with her. Why build her up as this unstoppable force, then surround her with 8 Divas and have her cry. It was too long drawn out and pointless.
  3. Bret Hart involving himself in the Main Event. Not too bad, but I did find it interesting that he gave Punk a sharpshooter (which he botched and funny enough). Wonder if he is going to be coming back for a reoccuring role for a month or so. I also have to say that I feel bad for him for the most part. Since his stroke, he is slow and not as great as he used to be. Especially when he was doing counts on pinfalls. It was kinda sad.
But that is all I have to say about that. Until next time, have fun everybody.


Edit: There was one more thing that I found interesting coming out of Raw and didn't realize it until afterward.

4)Alex Riley and The Miz. I don't know if they are planning a feud between the two, but if that interaction between the two was any indication, it would definitely work.

No comments: