Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Necessary

I haven't updated this in three and a half years? What the hell could I be doing for three and a half years that would stop me from doing so? Well, my friends, if you are reading this, you more than likely know why.
While she is only a year old (well, she will be in almost 20 hours by the time I write this), had to meet the girl that bore her and date her for almost 2 years and create that. But, of course, in that last year of the relationship, it all exploded. I mean, nuclear bomb explosion.
And now I fight. I fight to bring that beautiful girl back into my life. But that isn't why I posted this.
I posted this because I haven't posted in a long time and have been finding that posting my thoughts of the last day are helping me through some tough times. Fighting with my ex over our breakup, fighting with her over her choices in life (which I know I have no say in but when they relate to that little girl I do), fighting to win custody of the baby. Finding a new girl to enter my life and not having luck in that department. Being stressed that a girl may have entered my life but that has definitely has stalled beyond belief. It's like a certain friend zone girl all over again, and if you knew that story you would know that I do not want to venture on that journey ever again.
I also am posting because I have realized lately that I haven't done anything really to further my career as a journalist. Since the baby was born, I have put all my effort into making sure she was taken care of before I continued my education. Now that I am back on my own (well, living with my family again) I have the chance to go back to school. Now I won't go back until the fall more than likely, but I still want to get back and finish it eventually.
How does that relate to this blog? Well, putting my writing out there is the first step in proving that I definitely can write and write about anything. Now, my passions are sports and video games, so I definitely will be writing a lot about those two topics. I have a little extra money nowadays that I can use to go out and buy some games and try to review them as best I can. That way, when I put together a portfolio of my work, I can hopefully include this work. I may even start my other blog up again and try to play through the NES library. For those who don't know, I made it a goal last year to play through the NES library, finish them all, and review the games and process. It did end up changing to just at least playing each game once and review the game and the process. I didn't even make it out of the A's.
I am definitely looking for ways to enhance the fact that I end up staying up til 4-5am every day. Now that will more than likely change once I get the baby again, but for the most part it won't. The days I have the baby, I will go to bed early, but the days I don't, I will stay up. What a better way to waste my time than to chat with friends and to further my career. Now the thing that I need to work on is making sure I follow through on promises and actually do it.
With that said, I think I will go to bed for the evening, since I have to work at 1 tomorrow and it is currently 5am. So until later, have a good one internet.

No comments: