Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Banks: An Adventure to Hell

I have definitely posted enough online and told everyone in real life that I fucking hate banks with a blinding passion. Most of the major branches love to find ways to fuck you over and get some extra money in their pockets. It's not like that they don't get enough money from their interest on loans and mortgages.
Now why do I hate banks so much? Overdraft fees. I am pissed whenever I get them and usually it is not my fault. It is the way they like to fuck around with my money in my account.
Take for example the most recent example and see if this makes sense. I checked my account this morning to see that my Best Buy geek squad protections for my phones are on hold for tomorrow. This puts my available balance into the negative, but my current balance isn't affected. So it is saying that I have -33 available, but 6 current (which is what I had in there).
I was planning on going to the bank anyway yesterday to put $100 in the bank for my car insurance which comes out on the 26th every month as well. So, to add everything up, I have $140 in insurance coming out later today.
Now, the bank has done this to me in the past and I know it's going to happen again. This is what they do, ready for this?
Now the Best Buy insurances come out as $10 charges and there are usually two per month. Now last month, they didn't take it out because for some reason they said my card was giving them an issue. So, they are taking out four this month. They were put on hold on the 25th.
Now later today, my car insurance is going to come out and all four Best Buy insurances are going to come out officially. Now, if I didn't get the money in on time yesterday, which I hope I did, they are going to claim that the four charges were taken out of my account, put my account into overdraft, then they will take the car insurance which will put my account further into overdraft. This stemming from the fact that those four charges were put on hold for the 26th.
Even better? They are going to put the four charges back into my account AND CHARGE ME AGAIN FOR THOSE SAME FOUR FUCKING CHARGES. Thus, putting my account further into overdraft and charging me an overdraft FOR EACH FUCKING CHARGE.
Thus, if I didn't get the money into my account on time, I will more than likely see anywhere from four to eight overdraft charges for $37 each. How does that make sense for a charge that wasn't due to come out until the 26th?
Even better? If I hadn't checked my account (because I wasn't planning on paying Best Buy this month because they were having issues with my card, so I figured I wouldn't get charged anymore) yesterday morning, I would have just deposited $100 for my car insurance and may have not avoided this entire mess. Now, I just have to sit and wait to see if they fuck me over.
The best part though is this: I have my court date for the baby on Wednesday. If I find all those overdraft fees in my account tomorrow, it is going to royally piss me off and I am going to end up going into court Wednesday pissy. Yes, I am going to call customer service Tuesday to have them fix it, but I might go into court uncertain of how fucked I really am.
That's all. My fun with banks never ends. Also, you know I am really pissed when I say "fuck" a lot in this blog. I try to avoid swearing too much here because I want to keep this blog semi-professional. Oh well. Have fun everyone.

No comments: