Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

WWE Capitol Punishment Predictions

My predictions about the upcoming PPV Capitol Punishment!

WWE Championship Match: John Cena (c) vs. R-Truth

Remember a couple of months ago when I said that R-Truth would get involved in that Triple Threat Tag team match and I wouldn't be surprised to have his heel persona finally get him a championship match?  Well, here you go.

Is it enough for him to actually win the championship though?  This is where I find my prediction rather tricky.  I would love to say that R-Truth definitely deserves to win the title just based on the way he swerved from face to heel so quickly and so well is definitely worthy of a title reign at least for one month.  But I don't think the rivalry between him and Cena has played out entirely.  I think there is still another month of promos and such and then I think that R-Truth wins the title.  For now, Cena keep the title for another month, loses it, then probably regains it back at Summerslam.

Winner and still Champion: John Cena

World Heavyweight Championship Match: Randy Orton (c) vs. Christian

When Randy Orton challenged for the title five days after the PPV that it was rather odd that two faces were in a title match at the same time in a 1 vs. 1 match.  So, when Christian finally turned heel a couple of weeks ago, I wasn't completely shocked.  Randy Orton just turned face not too long ago and it is very rare to see a quick turn back like that.  Christian turning heel based on the fact that he finally won the title just to lose it again is definitely a good reason to turn someone heel.  Especially after the whole Edge retirement angle played out as well, it was a perfect time to do it.  Christian is definitely playing an effective heel as well, using the whole "I was robbed angle" very well as well.

I am still upset that the WWE Creative is holding Christian back and saying that he wouldn't be a draw as a champion.  I have said this before, he was the champion of the TNA twice and for extended periods of time as well.  He drew over there as a heel.  I think it's time to have him draw as a heel over in WWE.  I think he finally takes the title back at this PPV and I don't think he'll keep it for too long.  But I think he deserves to take it back.

Winner and New Champion: Christian

United States Championship Match: Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

This rivalry came out of nowhere and I don't think it's played out that well.  I think Kofi keeps the title for now and the two of them start a better rivalry and Dolph takes another shot at the title.  Ask me again next PPV what I think as I see the rivalry play out.

Winner and still Champion: Kofi Kingston

Intercontinental Championship Match: Wade Barrett (c) vs. Ezekial Jackson

Now this title match I can get behind because it has had time to play out.  I missed the whole Corre breakup, but I did hear about it.  Once I knew that the Corre broke up, it was a sure sign that Wade is going to lose the title to Ezekial.  I think Ezekial has been played up to be this unstoppable force again in the WWE and I think that he finally wins a title against a Correless Barrett.

Winner and New Champion: Ezekial Jackson

The Miz vs. Alex Riley

This rivalry has been brewing since Extreme Rules and The Miz's loss against Cena and Morrison.  The absence of Alex Riley in that match is what set this rivalry started.  The climax of the rivalry was Over the Limit when The Miz lost his match with Cena, when Miz blamed Riley for not helping him enough to win the title back.  This rivalry is definitely going to get really good with the history of these two.  Riley was Miz's rookie on the show NXT and he has been with Miz since.  Riley hasn't really shown anything since NXT and to be honest I haven't watched NXT since the first season.  Riley was on season 2, so I didn't get to see him.  I also won't be able to see him wrestle this match either, but I still think they are pushing him for greatness.  I think he takes down The Miz at this PPV and the rivalry will continue for a few months and I think it will definitely be a good one.

Winner: Alex Riley

CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio

This rivalry is definitely getting rather old.  Last year, these two had a long rivalry and low and behold Punk had followers back then as well.  I really have nothing on this match, but I think that Rey Mysterio is going to win.  That's all.

Winner: Rey Mysterio

Big Show vs. Alberto Del Rio

Now this rivalry is becoming very interesting.  I have never seen Big Show this angry before in the WWE and he looks like he could be very angry.  I think they are playing this rivalry out very well with Show being run over with Del Rio's car and then having him beat up Ricardo in retaliation.  Now, I think adding those bogus charges against Show is rather ridiculous, but I think its needed to add the severity of the situation to the angle.  That being said?  I think Show definitely comes out on top, but it will play out for another month or two, if Show doesn't rip Del Rio's head off in the process.

Winner: Big Show

No comments: