Pages

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Bruins and WWE

Only took me one night to come back and blog! But, I am just so excited after the Bruins absolute beatdown of the Canucks that I had to come and say something.


But first, I will talk about WWE first. I actually decided that this year I was going to watch Tough Enough from the beginning and finish it out. I love watching the behind the scenes of training to be very entertaining. Knowing what those wrestlers have to go through before they become superstars is entertaining because its good proof to give to those who hate on wrestling to be fake. It shows how much training and how much can go wrong if you aren't trained properly.

So, now to the finale. It was Andy vs. Luke for the Tough Enough 5 title. Watching the whole season, I know that those two shouldn't have been the final two. I think it should have been Martin vs. Luke with Martin winning the contract. But, due to freak accident in the middle of the season, he was forced to quit. I hope he gets a second chance in either another season of Tough Enough or just in general.

The winner? Andy over Luke, which definitely properly shocked both me and the entire WWE Universe. Luke definitely had the skills and charisma from the start and like I said, should have been in the finals anyway. But, I don't think he was the best. But over Andy? He should have won. I think as with Martin, I think he should be given a second chance as well, but we'll see.

As for Raw? Well, Stone Cold was on, so we all knew it was going to be good. Plus, seeing R-Truth in a confederate uniform was freaking hilarious and weird at the same time. As I have been saying in my predictions, I think that R-Truth has become a really good heel. He is even surpassing The Miz as the best heel in the company. The last couple of weeks I have become more and more uncertain on whether Cena keeps the title at Capitol Punishment or loses it to a deserving R-Truth. I think that this rivalry will definitely play out for the summer and R-Truth will eventually get the title at least once, as long as he keeps this heel thing up properly.

The rest of Raw wasn't that bad either. Definitely some rivalries are starting up for the PPV. Jack Swagger vs. Evan Bourne is turning into a nice David vs. Goliath type thing. CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio is coming back in full force for some reason. The main one that I am definitely looking forward to see? The Miz vs. Alex Riley. I definitely know that those two are going to put on a good match, seeing as though that Alex Riley has definitely come out of that shell of his and is starting to become a good superstar. I think this rivalry puts him over the time and maybe get him a U.S. Championship in the near future. Also, Zack Ryder sighting on Raw? That was random.

The Main Event of June 6, 2011 wasn't Monday Night Raw though. It was Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals. Canucks @ Bruins. Those two have definitely been equally matched the last two games, as they both ended in one goal losses for the Bruins. The first a 1-0 loss in the last 18 seconds of the game, and the second a 3-2 loss 11 seconds into the overtime on a cheap goal. How were the Bruins going to come out of Vancouver and come home? Kicking ass, of course.

Before the game, I started off on a conversation with a friend on Facebook. I wanted Thornton to come back into a game and kick some Burrows ass. He bit Bergeron in the first game and should have not been part of the game winning goal of Game 2. Yet, there he was scoring that goal on an open net from behind the goal. It was definitely a shot that Thornton needed to take. But the best moment of the game? Milan freaking Lucic.

Lucic in the third period took a cheap shot on a player (it might have been one of the Sedin's, but I am unsure at the moment) and Burrows came into the mess. He took some shots at him as well, even putting his exposed fingers near his mouth. The second taunt of fingers in two games. A Vancouver player did the same thing to Bergeron in Game 2, and I thought that was asshole move. Yet, I think that when Lucic did in Game 3, it was freaking awesome.

Now, I know I said the best moment of the game was that one play, but the whole game was amazing. Back to the conversation that I was having. I said that Thornton should take Burrows out with a nice knockout. One of my coworkers said to me that Thornton should do that with a 2-3 goal cushion. I said 7 goal cushion would be better, then Thornton can take Burrows out.

Final Score: 8-1. Bruins. Fucking Amazing.

Now, another coworker of mine is a physic. Now, you may sit there and say "Yea, right!" But listen to his track record: He predicted before the football season because last year that the Super Bowl will be Packers over the Steelers. We know how that turned out.

Next prediction: He predicted that the Giants would beat the Rangers in the World Series. Two teams that you wouldn't expect in the series and low and behold.

His latest prediction: He predicted that the Bruins will beat the Canucks in the Stanley Cup.

That is all. Until next time.

No comments: