Pages

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Middle Class

Before I can say why I hate being middle class, I must tell you this story. My house is pretty much a fucking zoo. There are numerous cats and dogs in my house, it's hard to miss an animal in my house. It is also easy to get emotionally attached to our animals as well. There are a lot, but not enough to not know who is who. That said, there has been a love triangle between two male cats (who are father and son) and one of our female cats (who is the daughter and brother of the two cats). They have been pumping their seed into her like it was nobody's business. We believe the cat is pregnant. The worst part is that female cat's brother has been hissing and fighting with the father for a while now, moaning and keeping us up at night. It was no surprise that the father had become sick and limping. We worried the worse today when he started bleeding from what my mom thought was his penis. We followed him and tried to see if he was OK, but he wasn't acting like himself. After I came home from bowling and my sister from work, we decided that the cat needed help. Here is where the lovely rant comes from. You see, my mom asked us to take it up to the MSPCA (which is the SPCA in this area). The SPCA, for those who don't know, is the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (the M being Massachusetts). We took the drive up there and brought the cat it. They looked at him and told us that his bladder was blocked with acidic crystals and that to fix him would be a very expensive procedure. The other option would be euthanasia. My sister is a very emotional person. She gets very attached to people and animals, so to hear that the cat should be put down made her break down. We finally told them to do it and we left. My sister would not stop crying over this cat. I was a little choked up, but I am not as emotional. It was a hard day indeed. The rant is me being middle class. If I was upper class and had the money, that cat could still live. I would able to send it to a vet and let the cat keep living and give us another companion. However, I am stuck in middle class where I can barely put gas in my tank from week to week. I am beginning to realize more and more that life does indeed suck unless you live upper class. Even then, I think they think life sucks as well. But, it's probably a lot better than my life. On a lighter note, I decided to finally bowl again on Sunday morning. I decided that I could almost afford to go, so I went (the truth was I had to "borrow" from myself $20 from my bowling fund for Wednesday). The last time I went was two weeks before Christmas. I went and practiced and figured that missing the head pin would constitute another bad run on Sunday. I was wrong. I went to the first game and threw a nice 140. Then it was a constant 100 stretch with four games in the hundreds. I never relinquished the lead one throughout the day. That, and that 140 was the hi-single on the first game, so I got another $16 for that. If only I had hit that Hi-Lo Jack. I would be much happier at the moment. That's all I have to say.

No comments: