Pages

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Better

Things tend to get better over time, so it's no surprise that that is how I feel. Better. The three things that I am better at are my health (sort of), my bowling, and my writing. First, my health. Last week, I came down with a cold. Simple little thing: Runny nose, sore throat, cough, sneezing, general feeling of shit. Yea, the whole nine yards. But, I toughed it out and finished the week at work and am feeling better. Even though I probably shouldn't have been handling your food sick. But, I was cautious, nonetheless. Second, my bowling. I have been having a rough go at the thing I love to do. I have (if I have yet to mention it) started bowling on Sunday morning as part of the Hi-Lo Jack tournament. I started out ok, gathering a 103 average, but have not lived up to my standards. I am not doing as well as I possibly could and it upsets me. My wednesday night league suffered as well, going two weeks without breaking 500. This week (aka last night), I finally broke 500 again and hope to bring that attitude into Sunday and as least place this time. Wasting $30 a week and not winning something is really aggrevating. Third, my writing. I last told you that I was planning on writing a novel. Well, I went to write for Zelda Universe and proceeded to fall flat on my face, not writing one word the entire month. This month, the real one, NaNoWriMo started and once again I started off with nothing. However, that has changed, as my novel has finally gotten the kickstart it needed. I changed my idea entirely and proceeded to write 739 words in the night. That is a 739% improvement over last month! So, I'm on the right track. Hopefully, I am not a jackass and fall flat on my face once again. But, that's all I got for now. It's 4am and I must be lonely (although I am an hour ahead of the song).

No comments: