Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Bruins, Weight Loss, and Why I Decided to Write

So, it has definitely been a while since I have posted a blog post.  A lot has changed in that time, so let's give a small summary.





I have gone from being single to married.  I married a very wonderful person and I can't wait to start my life with her, including starting a home and family.

My daughter has turned 3.  She surprises me every weekend when I pick her up on how smart she is and what she can do.

I stopped watching wrestling full-time and only read the results when I can.  That's what happens when you are working on moving out of a house and getting it ready for a move in.

Oh, and the Bruins are in the Stanley Cup Finals.  What, that isn't a change?  Yea, the last time I was on here posting, they won the thing.  :)

I came back to the blog to post my opinions on the playoffs as much as I have seen.  I pulled another Game 4 ALCS in 2004 this year by missing Game 7 against the Maple Leafs.  I missed one of the greatest hockey comebacks in a long time and I have made it my goal to watch as much hockey as I can the rest of the way.

And what I have seen is amazing.  The Bruins absolutely killed the Rangers and the favorite Penguins.  Game 1 of the Finals ended badly and Game 2 started just as bad, but it ended with the Bruins definitely played the same way when they beat the Penguins.  Game 3 is tonight and it is something I am looking forward to.  Go Bruins!

The other main topic I want to talk about is that I have actually been losing weight and making wiser food choices for the first time in my life.  I am a very picky person and the last two relationships I have been in have helped me make better choices, but I am still stuck in my habits.  In that sense, I decided to join Weight Watchers, a weight-loss program that lets me eat what I want, while still making wiser decisions to lose weight.

I started 2013 at my highest weight of 324.  Since then, I have tracked food myself, cut portions, ate wiser, and made other good choices.  Since January 2013, I have lost 33 lbs, and sit at 291 lbs.  I have not been under 300 lbs in a long time.  My goal is to head to my physical next year in January at 250 lb, a weight I never thought I would see ever again in my life.  My other goal is to be able to play baseball/softball in a league without being too winded when I do.

So why did I decide to write this out?  Well, I have had a lot on my mind in the past 6 months that I just needed to get it out.  I am hoping to start writing again because it is something that I enjoy to do and hopefully I can turn this blog into something special.  My thoughts on sports, my weight loss journey, and other musings.  Stay tuned.  :)

No comments: