Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Leaked

Apparently, someone thought it would be funny and leak the latest Harry Potter book online. It doesn't come as a shock to me, since I am used to the internet doing this to me. The thing I found more shocking was the article I read before I found the leak. This Harry Potter phenomenon is out of control. I posted about the latest movie already, but I have to touch on the books. The books are much better than the movies, and those who read the books can agree. So it wasn't a shock that I was, along with many others, more excited to get the book than see the movie. The article I read before I found the leak was about the security on this book. So much security was placed on this book, it would make you think that this book was what was stored in Fort Knox. People watching over the book at all times, and checking to make sure that people weren't leaving the plant with the book. So, it comes to a surprise that Scholastic noted that someone sent the books out three days in advance. Sending something that is so popular in this sense before it is supposed to be released IS NOT A GOOD THING. I have seen the sites. I know of the people who patrol the net. There are people out there who find it so pleasing to ruin something like this for everyone. Therefore, it wasn't a shock that someone posted a picture of every page of the book and sent to everyone who knew where to look. I was just surprised it took this long. I have only read 7 chapters of this leak. I am still skeptical, but it is hard to be when the writing style looks similar, it's laid out the same as every book in the series, and the story sounds reasonable. I don't know, maybe I agree with some conspiracy theories and claims of hoaxes. Little glimmer of hope. Anyway, I still have book 6 to read before I read either this hoax or the real thing. Let us wait til Friday to see.

No comments: